I proudly offer knife sharpening services to the Portland Oregon area at my location or by mail. I hand sharpen with Japanese waterstones to keep your knives better than new. I grew up in the South but moved to Portland, Oregon pursuing a culinary career. After culinary school I worked as cook and sous chef at several fine dining establishments and went on to manage a butcher shop. Working in foodservice for over 20 years and maintaining my professional knives opened my eyes for the need of a high quality sharpening service. The ones out there just weren’t cutting it when it came to my needs. Let me sharpen for you and your knives will thank you.
Why SHOULD You get your knives sharpened?
- First off, it’s for safety. When you have a dull knife you push harder on it and when you do that you increase your chances of slipping and hurting yourself.
- You wouldn’t want to be crushing those tomatoes or herbs instead of cutting them. Everything looks and tastes better when you have a clean cut.
- You can’t really use a knife that isn’t able to do it’s job. Whether you need it to whittle that stick to roast marshmallows with or just open those packages you got in the mail. It’s gotta be sharp to work properly.
- It sure is cool to show your friends how your knife shaves hair or has that awesome mirror polished edge isn’t it?
- Sharp knives are a pleasure to work with and you've got better things to spend your time on
- You get yield improvements and a longer shelf life with sharp knives reducing waste and labor
- Dull knives heavily contribute to repetitive use injuries amongst employees
- Your high value employees can concentrate on producing sales instead of a task in which they may not be proficient